Beech Street Baptist Church

Beech Street First Baptist Church
601 Beech Street
Historic Downtown Texarkana, Arkansas
GPS Coordinates: 33°25'42.25"N, 94°2'12.54"W

beech



Architectural Style: Greek

On March 30, 1904, instructions were given to the Trustees of the Olive Street Baptist Church, formed in 1889, to sell all of its property, for the benefit of a new church to be organized in Texarkana, Arkansas. On April 10, 1904, a meeting was held at the Miller County Courthouse for the purpose of organizing a Baptist Church in Texarkana, Arkansas. The name Beech Street Baptist Church was then voted on and adopted. The frame of the building, formerly occupied by the Olive Street Baptist Church and built in 1853, was moved from 8th and Olive Streets, Texarkana, Texas, to 6th and Beech Street, Texarkana, Arkansas, in April 1904, where the church currently resides today.

 

This information is brought to you from the archives of the Texarkana Museums System and the vision of Mrs. Marguerite Hillier. Let us not forget her love of history, dedication to the education of future generations and great strides towards the betterment of our community.



Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.